Friday, July 20, 2007

OMD @ Cambridge Corn Exchange, June 2007

I wasn't a massive fan when I was a nipper but there were certain tracks that gave me goosebumps so I thought I'd give them a whirl. For once the Corn Exchange's sound was spot on and the first half of the gig was superb - they played "Architecture and Morality" from start to finish and it sounded so fresh and experimental and new. Quite an achievement considering it was released in 1981! And then things went a bit downhill - for me. They played a "Hits" set and it sounded so unbelievably middle of the road and uninspiring. I couldn't actually believe it was the same band. The only tracks that really got me going were Enola Gay and If you Leave, (the latter due to my utter love of Pretty in Pink). But essentially a great night out - felt weird being one of the youngest people in the crowd too ;0)